Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fish hat #2: complete


Yesterday morning I had my cup of coffee on the floor by the couch. Note that this was the ONLY thing on the floor by the couch. I was fixing breakfast, and went to get the coffee. Somehow, my ball of yarn had managed to leap off the couch and land perfectly in the cup of coffee. Nine feet of floor space, and it lands in the only potentially damaging spot. Fortunately it hadn't soaked in yet & I was able to rinse it off.

Despite such delays as lost scissors (which still haven't turned up) and suicidal yarn, the second fish hat is FINISHED! It looks very similar to the first since I used the same yarns, but it is in fact a different hat. I intend to go to the yarn store this weekend & get some different colorways for the next hat. In the meantime, I still have the lace socks on which to work. And I really ought to do some spinning; it's been a month fer cryin' in a pail!

Today is the last day for archery, at least temporarily. Apparently their insurance is expiring & won't be renewed in time for the next class. According to archery regulars, this occurs every year. You think they would have caught on by now that they need to submit their renewal sooner.

2 comments:

  1. Ever think that maybe the yarn wasn't suicidal, but since it IS being turned into a fish it decided it needed some water? Even if it wasn't "pure" water it was better than nothing ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is the case, it should have jumped into the aquarium.

    ReplyDelete