Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History

And it's official: President Obama started his term today. I feel as though I should have some profound statement to make about this historical event, but I'm coming up dry. I do feel a bit sorry for him, what with the Chief Justice messing up the oath & Obama sort of pausing as if unsure if he should say the line correctly, or as the CJ said it. Ah, well.

Had a surprise at work yesterday. As I pulled into my parking space, there was a hawk perched in the low branch of the tree next to my usual spot. No fear in him (her?) at all; just sat calmly as I pulled in. I got a few shots, and if I can figure out how to download them from the cell phone I'll post one or two. I know, I know, you don't have to say it--ALWAYS bring the camera.

Fish hat #4 is almost done; just need to add the eyes. I'm surprised that I'm not sick of the pattern yet. I think the fact that I'm doing them in different colors helps a lot. At this rate, I should have all of them finished by mid-March or so. This will be a big stress-reliever come Christmas, having eight gifts all ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment