Friday, January 30, 2009

Done!



The purple socks are finished, the purple socks are finished, I dance around like a crazy lady 'cause the purple socks are finished! Needless to say I am very happy with how they came out. I did a sewn bind-off so the top is nice & stretchy. They fit my fat calves without threatening to cut off the circulation. I'm pleased with the yarn (Plymouth Happy Feet); certainly something I would purchase again. I used up about 1-1/3 skeins of it which gives me enough left to make something small. Maybe a toy of some sort. . .

So now that those are done, I have cast on a new project. Shockingly, it is not a fish hat. No, I'm making the "Tiger Eyes" socks from Socks Socks Socks. Barely started and I've already tweaked the pattern. The toe called for in the pattern just looked ugly to me, so I redid it as my old standby, the short row toe. I will probably do a short row heel as well since I prefer that over a heel flap. I'm using Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Gold Rush (I'm pretty sure I posted a picture of it in an earlier post so I shan't repeat it here).

Hoping the weather is nice enough tomorrow to do some spinning at archery. It's been too windy at work, and I haven't gotten around to dragging the wheel in from the car so I haven't done any spinning since the day Ralph & I went to the park down the block, and that was at least two weeks ago.

Oh, forgot to mention yesterday, on the way home from work I passed the big electronic sign for the Pomona Fairplex. It was announcing that the LA County Fair opening weekend will be on Labor Day. Um, hello, that's 8 months away! They must really not have much scheduled in February if that's what they're advertising.

2 comments:

  1. Don't know about the general area of the Fairplex, but the NHRA Winternationals are next weekend.

    And Yay for purple socks! Li'l purple sock, li'l purple sock....

    ReplyDelete