Sunday, January 25, 2009

That was fun :-)

Yesterday's knitting day was very pleasant. CR didn't come (I am guessing because of the morning rain; it is a long drive for her) but Duh & The Girl did. Roomie B even joined us for a while. Sis did bring the butter tarts and OMG they were sooooo good. I just finished eating one as a matter of fact. Duh worked on a hand-sewn table runner that she is making for Sis; The Girl had a scarf she was making; Sis finished up a charity hat & got started on a new hat although that one is not for the charity drive as far as I know; I made excellent progress on my fish hat (and even more this morning; I'm about 20 rows away from starting the tail); MH2 hand-sewed a band for the Ren Faire hat she is making & got started on a second hat as well (very hatty around here yesterday!), and Roomie B worked on some mending. I meant to take lots of pictures and of course didn't get a single one. Sigh.

To escape the estrogen flowing through the house, Ralph took Emmett (the Saturn) to get new tires since he'd noticed there was a shimmy when he drove. Turns out that two of the tires had pretty much disintegrated inside and there was nothing but the outer shell holding them together!! The tires were older than I thought; we bought new tires a few years ago but apparently at that time we only replaced two of them. The ones that were damaged were eight years old (they had a manufacturing date on them). I am so glad he got that fixed!!! He also was able to put in a couple hours of archery which always puts him in a good mood.

Today we are having lunch with Dad, J, Sis, The Boy and The Girl. I'm fairly certain that Dad did not invite FM, since he and The Boy have not been getting along too well lately & Sis too would be uncomfortable if he were there. We're all meeting at Dad's & will head out to a restaurant from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment