Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nothing but fish hat news

Very little going on, other than some good hours of knitting. I cast on yet another fish hat (did I mention I'm making about 10 of these total?) on Saturday night, knit like mad on it Sunday, worked on it at lunch yesterday, and am now halfway through the tail. I am so loving the colors; the lips/fins/tail are Manos de Uruguay #300X Topas, and the body is Mountain Colors Twizzle Gold Rush. Yup, Gold Rush--same colorway as the Bearfoot I bought in December, which means I can have socks to match the hat, because this fish is MINE.

Ralph wore his hat on Saturday to archery where it got a few comments, and into the yarn store with me where it was a big hit. I think he likes it, too. I am already planning hat #4, which will be another Christmas gift. I'm going to do it in stripes based on the Fibonacci series, starting with 8 & working down, then repeating the pattern. I did the math yesterday and it should work out perfectly with the pattern ending just as the hat does. If worse comes to worst I can always fudge it by adding or deleting a few rows. This one will be in aqua & lavender, possibly with yellow lips/fins/tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment