Friday, January 23, 2009

Various tidbits of my exciting life


Had an interesting day today. Really wanted coffee this morning, so I made a bigger pot than normal so that I would have a second cup to take on the road. Got ready for work, fixed the second cup, gathered up my things & headed out. Note to self: If one goes to the trouble of preparing a second cup of coffee to take to work, one should actually take it to work instead of leaving it on the kitchen counter.

Before work, I frogged the fish hat that I started the other day. It was just coming out too small. For some reason the cast-on row did not want to rip out, so I had to undo all 90 stitches one by one. This sucked up all my knitting time, so I stuffed the project back into the bag & took it with me to work. Once I arrived I had about 10 minutes before I had to be at my desk, so I pulled out my project. Note to self: When one packs up one's knitting project, one should make sure to put the needles in the bag too.

Saw a truck on the way to work today, a rather large pick-up. It had the over-sized tires that the younger guys seem to like, and it was all jacked up. I liked the license plate: RNNOVRU

Had a really good lunch today. I was planning on going to Olive Garden for soup & breadsticks, but there was a long wait so I crossed the parking lot to Red Lobster. They have some nice weekday lunch specials; I chose a chicken & shrimp combo. I'm rather glad that the Olive Garden was so crowded.

Speaking of food, I almost stopped to pick some up on the way home from work. I wasn't hungry at all, since I'd had a large & late lunch, but it's just been so long since I've seen a Pioneer Chicken that I was quite tempted. Perhaps for lunch on Sunday. . . it's about 15 miles from the house, which is a bit of a drive just for lunch and the Pioneer probably won't taste as good as I remember, but just for the nostalgia it might be worth it.

Tomorrow is The Knitting Day. There will be potentially 7 of us at this point. I hope everyone has a good time.

1 comment:

  1. You better not wear your new hats around that guy. Such great bird pictures you take. Even the skeletal flamingoes. Nice to see more spinning and knitting amongst the restaurant reviews. Would have liked to see a pic of Sis' butter tarts.

    ReplyDelete