Monday, September 1, 2008

End of the holiday weekend. Sigh.


Another good, if quiet day. Re-started my cell phone cozy using a different yarn; it's coming out a lot better than the first one & I don't think I'll have to frog it. We took the GG's to the dog park. Sadie behaved really well, much better than we anticipated. It's her first time ever going there (Neighbor D never took her) and I think she enjoyed herself. Then a quick trip to the bookstore where I bought two books (and yes, we parked in the shade, had the windows open, had a bowl of water for the dogs, AND Ralph waited in the car with them): "Knitting Bones" which is the latest in the Monica Ferris needlecraft series, and "The Excalibur Murders," first in a new series in which the crime solver is Merlin, with the help of his assistant Colin (who is really the maiden Nimue in disguise, according to the back of the book). I had a 30% off one item coupon plus $5 in Border Bucks, which means I pretty much got one book for free. Now I'm kind of thinking along the lines of dinner--better bring the topic up soon or Ralph will kill his appetite with all the snackies he seems to be munching on. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment