Saturday, September 6, 2008

And she says MY blog is dull. . .


In a case of the pot calling the kettle black, Big Sis commented recently that my posts have not been sufficiently entertaining. Well, at least I'm posting; HER most recent entry is from two days ago. Hmph.

Went to cbs.com and picked out my Survivor guy: Bob. He's a physicist, and there's just something Gilligan's Island-ish about having a smart guy amongst all the mundanes. I also have my choice for the one whom I want to see voted off first: Randy. His bio makes him seem like a total jerk and I suspect he's going to be annoying to watch.

Had a VERY lazy day today. I think I might be getting a cold or something; my joints have been achy & I was sleepy all day. Even took a nap in the afternoon but it didn't help much. It's not even 7:00 pm & I'm thinking of going to bed.

Have discovered another show that I like: Kitchen Nightmares. This brings the grand total of Shows I Like to two, the other of course being Survivor. For those among the Teeming Millions who may be unfamiliar with the program, chef Gordon Ramsey goes to failing restaurants & gives them advice on how to improve (and in the case of one restaurant on this week's episode--shut down the kitchen and called in a disinfection squad, just because he found rat droppings, spoiled food, and about 12 billion cockroaches in the food prep area. Oh, and one of the chefs dropped a piece of food on the floor, picked it up & put it back in the fryer. He said the hot oil would clean it "enough"). It's like a cross between Julia Childs and Jerry Springer. Anyway, I really enjoy it so of COURSE it airs Thursdays at eight. Sigh. Just going to have to figure out how to record shows on the VCR I guess.

4 comments:

  1. I think I can give your TV something to do, and it is not on Thursday nights. Monday Night, 8pm Big Bang Theory on CBS. It has to be the best comedy on tv. here is a description from Wiki "The Big Bang is the cosmological model of the universe that is best supported by all lines of scientific evidence and observation. The essential idea is that the universe has expanded from a primordial hot and dense initial condition at some finite time in the past and continues to expand to this day.

    Oops, Sorry, that is the cosmic one, here is the tv show

    "It concerns two 20-something prodigies, a theoretical and experimental physicist at Caltech, who live across the hall from a blonde waitress with showbusiness aspirations; their geekiness is contrasted to her naïveté and common sense."

    Ok, not a great description, you will just have to watch it. It may take a couple of episodes to pick up on the characters, but it is worth the effort. Wow, this comment is really long, sorry about that, I think I will copy paste this and make it an entry for my blog, that way I can be lazy and not have to type that much for mine.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't chosen my Survivor yet. I think I'm going to wait until they post who is on which tribe, so I don't choose the wrong person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is never dull. At the very least there are gorgeous pics of space alien plants.

    Do have to take issue with Kitchen Nightmare. I find it too painful to watch cause those people are so clueless and RESISTANT to common sense. I know they will slide right back when Gordon leaves. They must eat right? How could they think their prep and storage methods are acceptable?

    ReplyDelete