Friday, September 5, 2008

Quick update


Some of my communities at work are "re-phasing" their homes (eg, some of the homes in phase release 5 are now in phase release 8, etc). As I was entering the changes, I suddenly realized why I've been having so much elbow pain recently. The desk in my office is too high, and I have to have my arm in an awkward position. I tried raising my chair but couldn't get it to move & ended it up trading it out for an unused chair that was already set higher. We shall see if that helps.

Part of the phase changes also include changes to the release dates, moving the start & release dates out. This is both bad & good, I think. Bad, because it means fewer homes available at any given time; good, because it means homes available over a longer period of time.

One other change: LM is being moved out of the office & into the field. Again, better to transfer someone than lay them off. I think he is going to ask if he can take over a couple of my communities since he doesn't have as large a backlog. Oooh, I just realized, if he does that he'll have to start using E-1. That should be interesting as he hasn't used it yet.

Had a pleasant surprise last night. Ralph didn't want to cook so he ordered a pizza. When it was delivered, Zoe started barking like crazy--in the front yard! Apparently Ralph had left the gate open & all three dogs got out. Zoe & Hali were in the front yard and came right into the house when called. Sadie was nowhere to be seen. I went out to look for her, called her name a few times, and shock of shocks she came trit-trotting up to me! This is a far cry from the dog that only a few weeks ago would have been running all over creation & would have taken 45 minutes or more to catch. Of course I praised the heck out of her, gently led her into the house, and gave her a couple dog treats.

Last night CE asked for my blog address. Don't know if she's planning on becoming one of the Teeming Millions or not. In any case, if you are reading this: Hi, CE!!

Oooh, also almost forgot: my "ceiling dog" LOL made it into the upcoming cue on LOL Dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment