Sunday, September 21, 2008

Setting up for the Alliday



Had a fine day yesterday starting to set things up for next week's Alliday party. Sis came over (she's objected to the "big" saying that she knows she's older and just how many sisters do I have anyway?) and helped with it. First we went shopping for prizes & I think we found some pretty good ones. Then back to the house to put up decorations. We ran into a few problems there--couldn't find all the boxes of decorations for one, plus we have so much *shtuff* in our house already that we couldn't find places to put things. Fortunately we have lots of holiday-related items up year-round that it looked sort of decorated before we even started. Then we drove all over town (and then some) looking for a good party-supply store to get some plates, cups, & a few more decorations. Didn't find much that wasn't for Halloween, so we got plain red large plates & plain blue small ones which I'll match up with white forks & spoons for a patriotic theme, then we got Happy Birthday cups, fall-themed big napkins, and Halloween-themed small napkins. We also bought some Mexican-themed table decorations which will work for Cinco de Mayo.

As a thank you, I took Sis to lunch at (where else?) Johnny Reb's. It was her first time there & I think she enjoyed it. We both had (what else?) the pulled pork with double mac-a-chee, except I had hush puppies & she had corn bread. Very tasty as always, and I've got enough left for my breakfast today.

Today I think I'll dig around in the garage some more & see if I can't find the other boxes. I really need to find the Easter eggs so we can have an Easter egg hunt. If they don't show up though I will get some Halloween treat bags & we can hide those instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment