Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oh, big freakin' help!

I found dozens of these weird little critters on my tomatillo plant today. I suspect this is the reason why not one lantern has matured to a ripe fruit. Anyway, I took a sample of them to the local nursery hoping they could tell me what they are. The clerk said it was some sort of larva (well DUH! Even I knew that much!!) and recommended a particular insecticide. She went to the back to get it and also to ask someone else what they were. When she came back, she said he had told her what they were, but that it was "some long name that I can't repeat." Gee, how informative and helpful! I did finally manage to find out from her that they are "some sort of moth." Wish I knew a good entomologist. In any case, I bought an insecticide that is safe to use on food plants & this should take care of the problem. Still wish I knew exactly what they are, though. Maybe I can track it on whatsthatbug.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment