Tuesday, April 1, 2008

working on the socks

Actually had some time to knit today, thanks to taking my lunch break for a change and having a 30 minute wait at the doctor's office. Finished the first toe, and am more than halfway done with the second. What I *should* be doing at this point is going through my pattern books to decide what to do with the main part. I'm thinking a ribbing of some sort, although I prefer something with a definite 8-10 row repeat so it doesn't get boring. Then again, I really need to finish the lobster so maybe I should go work on that instead of the socks.



In other knitting news, fellow Flickr poster Stephieface sent me the link to the "Death of Rats" pattern (her own original work I might add). Of course, now I need to spin up some white yarn to make it. Oooorrrrrr, come to think of it, if the diamond socks don't fit Future Niece in Law I can frog them to make the DoR. And for anyone who is not familiar with the DoR, I highly recommend you start reading Terry Pratchett :-)



We have the schedule at work for the move from Irvine to Ontario. Looks like my department will be headed out a month before the "official" move date. This is good, in that it is forcing me to organize, file, and clear out my cubicle sooner. On the other hand, our move date is right at the tail end of my planned vacation time. I really hope I can still take the time off, since we are planning on taking a trip to the Grand Canyon with Ralph's brother, Wes, and Wes's family. I'm really looking forward to it--the last time I saw them, Andrea (Wes's wife) had just found out she was pregnant, and the baby is almost a year and a half old now.


Well, guess I better go take my walk before it gets too late. I'll leave you with a couple pics I took of the dogs. I know Hali looks like she has no legs; they're just tucked under her.

No comments:

Post a Comment