Sunday, April 6, 2008

No wonder it's taking forever!

Measured the row gauge on the socks this morning. 13 rows per inch. That's three pattern repeats plus one row per inch. Remind me why I use size zero needles. . .

Found an interesting photo on Flickr. It's a Catahoula Leopard Dog, and its colors almost exactly match my socks! Here's a link to it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/organa/2386789399/ Isn't he handsome? Love the blue eyes.

I certainly have a fun day planned. Our refrigerator is dying, so I get to go buy a new one, hooray! Plus I get to take the last of the tax paperwork to the tax guys, yippee! The fridge really has to be replaced ASAP, though. The freezer keeps thawing and refreezing. When I opened it to get some ice this morning, the carton of so-called "iced cream" was frozen to the inside of the door. And of course this added expense comes along in perfect sync with the fact that, for the first time in eight years, we actually have to pay taxes rather than get a refund. And, of course, we have a nice expensive vacation trip coming up in two weeks. Sigh.

Oh, for the love of. . . yesterday I wound up a skein of nice sea-blue yarn that I had spun. I just now went to take a picture of it for today's photo, and I cannot find it anywhere! What the heck did I do with it? I thought I put it next to the computer, but it isn't here. . . not in the red room. . . not in the dining room. . . not scattered around the backyard after being used as a chew toy. . . not in the living room. . . fie. Oh, well, I'm sure it will turn up eventually. Guess I'll use another bird shot from the Bolsa Chica wetlands sanctuary for today's picture. Actually, I rather like this shot. It's an egret. See how he has one leg stretched forward? He's fishing. Ya see, egrets have yellow feet & toes. What they do is, they stretch out their foot and wiggle it around; the fish think the toes are little worms and come up to feed and snap! Breakfast for the bird. It was really interesting to watch. Ralph took a short (4 second) movie of it; I'll see if I can post it (geeze, for such a short movie it's taking a long time to load!)

Yay, it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment