Thursday, April 17, 2008

Prezzinks!

Well, Ralph didn't remember that yesterday was my birthday. Had to remind him. I do know that he knew it was coming up because on Saturday he asked "Your birthday is Wednesday, right?" I think he just didn't realize that yesterday was Wednesday, because normally he has that day off but this time he had to work. He did give me a wonderful gift of two knitting books, a yarn-cutter, and an audiodisk set of "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass." So he's almost forgiven, even if this IS the second time he has forgotten my birthday.


And today I had a nice surprise. One of the salespeople out in Aliso sent me a basket of cookies as a belated birthday present! I brought home one gooey-looking brownie for me & one for Ralph, and then let my co-workers have the rest. The basket is very pretty, too--looks sort of like it's made of little bubbles.

Plus, in a way I got flowers for my birthday: the amaryllis next to our pond bloomed yesterday! I noticed it after I posted my blog, when I went out to throw the frisbee for the dogs.

Survivor is on tonight! Hope my person doesn't get voted off. Actually, I should stop posting so we can go eat dinner & get back before the show starts. . .

1 comment:

  1. Yay for presents! Although I'll have to talk to that hubby of yours. If he is going to get you audiobooks, he should get something I might want to borrow, not something I already have! heehee

    ReplyDelete