Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pleasant afternoon, too!

Ralph & his Buddy have made great progress on painting that last wall. They've only got one little section left. I think they will be glad to be finished--it is quite hot out (94 degrees F according to weather.com) and they have been working a long time with only one short break for fast food burgers. And yes, we really our painting our house Home Depot orange. Don't ask.

We also went & signed off on the taxes. We were served by a different woman than the one who did our return, and she noticed a couple deductions we hadn't taken. So, with our "special credit" coming back to us, combined with our Federal refund and our State payment, we should about break even.

Today I got the license renewal notice for Zoe. Hard to believe we've had her almost a year already! Sometimes it seems like we've had her forever, and other times it's like we just got her. She really fits in our family nicely.

I think the lemon bars I made turned out well. I haven't actually eaten one yet; only tasted what was left on the knife when I cut them. I made them specifically for the guys coming over for Ralph's D & D game tomorrow, but I'll have to have at least one of them. Strange--we've lived in this house for almost 7 years now, and the lemon tree in our backyard is covered with fruit year-round, and this is the first time I've ever made lemon bars. (I took this photo today, but the tree looks like this *all the time.* If you ever need lemons, just come on by. . . )

4 comments:

  1. Uh, oh, you've got a typo in your first paragraph. I'll let you find it.

    And if anyone thinks she is exaggerating, I think the lemon tree looks a tad emptier than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typo, schmypo :-) I'm leaving it as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why? Couldn't you find it? HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just realized - your house matches your blog!

    ReplyDelete