Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's been a good day

Here's another shot from our trip to the Bolsa Chica wetlands sanctuary last July. This is a stilt, also known as a lawyer bird. They get their nickname from the fact that--are you ready?--they have big bills. No lie.

Had a very nice day at work today. Actually got some filing done (and the fact that some of it was from October should give you an idea of what a miracle THAT was) and Mr. Boss showed me where he stuck the file I've been looking for for over a month. Not exactly sure why, rather than returning it to me when he was finished with it, he stuck it on a shelf where a former co-worker used to keep his cancelled files, but at least it's been found.

Went to lunch with a co-worker (DW) today, which was really nice. We went to Souplantation, and this month's featured soup is one of my favorites: lemon orzo with chicken. Ate two bowls of it, yum! Had a good chat with her, too. She's really jazzed because her son gets out of boot camp (Air Force) soon and will be home for two weeks. He is going to be stationed in Montana. As DW says, "Anyplace that isn't Iraq is good!"

The electric fence Ralph put around the pond seems to be doing the job. At least, the dogs haven't destroyed the pump or pulled out any of the plants, which prior to the fence seemed to be their hobby.

Virtually no progress on the socks today, although I did go through my pattern book & I think I know what pattern I want to do, if I can convert it into "in the round" rather than flat. Shouldn't be too hard; it's set up for "multiple of six plus four" (for you non-knitters, it means that you need to cast on a multiple of six, such as 12, 18, 24, etc. and then add four more stitches) so what I need to do is chart it on graph paper with at least 22 stitches & see where the pattern repeats. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment