Friday, April 11, 2008

Black & White

Weird thing today. I was getting ready for work, and I just really wanted to wear the black dress with the white print that Ralph bought me when we went to Oahu. Passed up several other possible outfits digging through the clean laundry for this particular dress. Well, at work today I would say at least half the women were wearing black & white! Guess my subconcious must have gotten the memo :-)

Very long day at work today. I got there around 6:30 am to help set up the breakfast, and didn't leave until 6:00 pm. It feels good to be home. Really feeling tired; got a bit of a headache even. Not too bad, just enough for me to know it's there.

Meant to post a few days back, I've got a "knitting pattern a day" calendar at work. The pattern for April 7 was for a rather cute rabbit (more on that later), and the notation said it was "great for Easter baskets." Well, gosh, if it's great for Easter baskets, wouldn't it have made more sense for the pattern to appear BEFORE Easter?

Anyway, the calendar annoys me. First off, it's not really a "pattern a day," as some of the patterns span over several days, and of course Saturday & Sunday are on one page. Also, the box it came in said "all new" knitting patterns, and I know for a fact that some of them have been around a while, because I have knit them. The rabbit is an example of that; I knit one about oh, must be three years ago now, plus there is a hat that they call "Strong Women Dance." Well, I knit that a few years ago, too, although it was called "Dancing Grannies." Exact same pattern though, and the person who submitted it didn't even credit the original designer.

Boy, this is turning into a really cranky post! Time to focus on more cheerful things. I'm making discernable progress on the socks. I've finished the instep on both, and have done about a dozen rows on the heel flap of one. One way or another I am going to spend some time knitting this weekend. Ralph is having guests over for D & D on Sunday, which will be a good chance to make my escape to somewhere cozy--maybe Portfolio, a local coffee house--curl up in a comfy chair & knit. Or perhaps I'll go to the Pet Expo, and knit between exhibits. Now that sounds like a good plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment