Friday, April 4, 2008

SIP Day

Today is the first Friday of the month, which means it is Spin in Public Day. I brought my travel wheel to work & did a bit of spinning on my lunch break. Several people stopped & asked questions about it, which surprised me as I've brought the wheel to work in the past. I figured everyone already knew about it. I really like the fiber I'm using; it's an ivy green merino, quite soft, which I bought at Village Spinning and Weaving in Solvang. Funny thing--I always say that I'm going to buy colorful fiber, and end up getting deep purples and blacks. When I bought this merino, I also picked up another green, some natural beige, and a few other light tones. The clerk was so surprised she actually cried out, "You're buying COLOR!" I didn't think I was *that* well known at the shop. I mean, we only go out there about twice a year since it's such a long drive. Then again, her husband remembered that I like wool/possum blend and pointed it out to me when they finally got some in, so I guess I did make an impression on them.
I've also got some really nice teal that I'm working up on my non-travel wheel. I'm spinning that up pretty tightly for a firmer yarn. Teal socks in the future seem like a good possibility.
Getting closer to moving day at work. I plan on going in for a couple hours tomorrow and packing up my personal items, getting the filing finished up, and basically getting a head start on the move.
Ralph went to Trader Joe's today and is cooking dinner with some of the items he picked up. Smells really good: stuffed sole, veggies, and mushroom risotto. I could learn to like this kind of welcome home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment