Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Houston, we have a refrigerator!

Since my blog is called "Needles and Spins," I thought I'd post a picture of me spinning. This was taken in August of '03 despite what the date stamp says, at a hotel in Big Bear, CA. The yarn eventually became socks for Ralph. That was a nice hotel. It allowed pets, so we had Hali & Gonzo with us (sigh--I miss Gonz!); had a big jetted tub; and was in the heart of "downtown" Big Bear so was within walking distance of the shops, restaurants, etc. I've also included a picture of our bedroom in the hotel. Gonzo is the blonde dog to the left of the shot; we had to put her down a couple weeks before Halloween last year, poor thing.

The good news for the day is: our refrigerator arrived even though I was told they couldn't deliver until tomorrow! We were able to salvage a lot of food, although since the meat had partially thawed we can't re-freeze it and some of it will likely spoil before we can use it. We'll have to eat the good stuff first, ha ha!

This weekend is the Pet Expo at the Orange County Fairgrounds. Ralph has a friend from Las Vegas coming out, so I'm not sure if we are going to go or not. Ralph says the three of us, including his friend, can all go on Saturday, however from what I know of his buddy I can't imagine him having a good time wandering around looking at animals & animal accessories. Maybe I'll tell the two of them to go do Guy Things & see if Big Sis wants to go instead. And afterwards we can knit.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't look like Hali likes that "imposter" sleeping in her bed! I know it's just the back of her head, but it doesn't look happy. I miss Gonzo-Girl too.

    ReplyDelete