Sunday, April 20, 2008

On the road again . . . or soon anyway

Finishing up the last-minute vacation preparations. Have a few more things to pack up into the trailer, such as my spinning wheel and a knitting project or two. Maybe I'll bring the sock lobster and actually get it completed, or maybe the orangutan. Or both. Yeah, I think I'll bring both. Should be plenty of knitting time, and I really do want to finish those up.


I hand-washed some of my wool socks yesterday; they are on the special rack in the dryer right now. It's going to be highs in the 60s, lows in the 30s-40s, so I will definitely want my nice warm socks. With my luck I'll forget all about them and they'll still be on the rack when we get home. OH! Better find my good hiking shoes, too.

I tried to find a picture with Ralph's brother & his family, but we don't seem to have any. I thought that would be a good one for today since they will be meeting up with us at the Grand Canyon tomorrow. I found a couple of different family members, but nothing really good and nothing with all four of them. We're bringing the camera, so I'll be sure to get a good family shot for when we get back. In the meantime, here is yet another picture of Zoe. This time she is on the cat tower next to the Major Award. She thinks that's a good place for looking out the window, which is what she was doing before I picked up the camera.














No comments:

Post a Comment