Sunday, April 6, 2008

Good grief, I'm posting AGAIN

What a day this has turned out to be. Bought a new fridge. The store was out of stock on the one I wanted, so they are selling me the floor model. It was already on sale, plus another 10% off of that because of it being the floor model, plus because I used my store credit card I've got no payment/no interest for a year. That really helps a lot! The only downside is they can't deliver before Wednesday.

Went to lunch at Baja Fresh. Now that was disappointing. I bought shrimp burritos for me & Ralph, which normally are their best item, but today it's like something was missing. They were dry and bland. I think the cook forgot to put the sauce on them.

From there I headed to the tax place to finish the taxes. When Ralph was there, they only did the federal and we owed about $800. I had some more deductions to add to the return, which not only cleared what we owed, but now we are getting about $900 back. Woo hoo! Then we did the state return--GAH! We owe $1,300 on that!!! I have *never* owed on state taxes before, so this was a real shock! The only possible deduction we can still take is medical, if we can find the receipts. I'm hoping Ralph knows where they are, or maybe we can get a statement from Dr. Wait 8 Hours Before You Are Seen showing what we paid last year. If we can just get at least to the point where what we get from federal pays what we owe on state, I will be happy.

And on the plus side--I found my yarn. It was on the bedroom floor over by the TV, which means that either a) I put it next to the TV for some bizzare reason and it fell off; or b) I put it next to the computer like I thought, and Zoe snagged it. Either possibility is as likely as the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment