Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Making progress on the socks

I finally feel as though I'm making decent progress on the brown socks. I have knit to the point of having turned both heels, and then have picked up the stitches & started the gusset on one of them. I decided on a ribbed gusset for a little extra stretch through the ankle. I had in fact done about 2/3 of the gusset when I discovered that somewhere along the line I had messed up, and the number of stitches on one side was different from the number of stitches on the other. Also, I didn't like how the heel was coming out (I was doing an eye of partridge heel, which involves slipping every other stitch on every other row) so I frogged back down to the turn in the heel & started the gusset again.


Started reading a new book today, "Confessions of a Shopaholic." I'm only through two chapters (I spent most of lunch knitting rather than reading), but I think I'm going to like it. I listened to one of the author's other books, "The Undomestic Goddess," and enjoyed it very much. This one seems to be written in the same humorous style.


As those of you who read Big Sis's blog know, my Older Older Brother is a grandfather again! Little Drake Evan was born on April 1. Just over 4 pounds, and a little under a foot & a half long. Mother & baby are doing fine :-)


Last night's dinner was really good. I don't know what the dish she made is called, but it was very tasty: a sort of meatball with onions in it, served in a mushroom/wine gravy. I heated up some canned asparagus to go with it. There was enough for us each to have two big meatballs for dinner and another one apiece for breakfast. I told Ralph to be sure to thank her for me. Now, of course, I have to figure out what to fix tonight :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment