Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!


Today is my birthday! 44 years old. My. Had lots of birthday wishes at work; got e-mail from Big Sis, Older Older Brother, and Niece CT; the entire Bakersfield group at work called en masse & sang happy birthday; and my coworker DW took me to Souplantation for lunch. Even got a call from my friend Termite on the way home from work. Now let's see if Ralph remembers ;-) The only dark spot is, for the first time in my life, there will be no card from Aunt Lee. Really feels weird to realize I'll never have a card from her again.


Had a funny thing happen at work today. I felt a sneeze coming on, so went to grab a tissue. My work buys cheap tissues, not good Kleenex, so they almost never pop out of the box but rather sit sullenly flat on the bottom, and this box was nearly empty. I really had to dig deep, and of course with the cramped space in the box it's hard to get a grip on the tissues. In desperation I gave a big yank, and as the tissues pulled out the whole box flew up and hit me in the head. Sure wish I'd gotten THAT on tape! I was laughing so hard I could barely get the tissues to my nose.


Had trouble sleeping last night, so lay awake in bed composing haiku. Of course once I did doze off & then woke up again, I couldn't remember them, but I did have two of them come back to me: Insomnia sucks/Lying awake in my bed/I wish I could sleep. And: A is for Apple/Red, yellow, green, crisp and sweet/Bake them into pie. Hey, I never said they were GOOD haiku, and it *was* 2:30 in the morning after all.
Well, going to keep it short tonight. Want to have time to read or knit before going to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. And again - Happy Birthday! I should have mailed you a card but didn't think of it. And it wouldn't have been the same.

    But look at that happy Hali dog!

    ReplyDelete