Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WHAT is on the freeway?



Listening to the radio this morning, I tuned in to a traffic report just in time to hear the announcer say, "There's Hugh Jackson on the 210 freeway." It took me a second to realize what he had actually said was, "There's a huge accident on the 210 freeway."

There was also a bit of an accident on the drive home. No cars involved, but a truck carrying bags of onions lost part of its load in the middle lane. By the time I passed the spot almost all of the onions had been smashed; you couldn't even see the asphalt through the thick layer of squashed roots. Good thing I had my windows up & the vents closed :-)

Today CK & HB put up more Halloween decorations about the office. Those are CK's "bloody" hands--she was putting up bloody handprints all over. There are a few more pix up at my flickr site, or will be by tomorrow night anyway. Don't know for sure if I'll be headed to flickr tonight or not. Anyway, I told Mr. Boss Man that it wasn't easy for me to work today, not when they were busy building Susan Heaven in the hallway. :-) The hallway actually looks really cool; they covered the walls with black plastic & put strips of black plastic over the open ends of the hallway to make it dark inside, then installed blacklights & a couple gruesome pictures. They've got a strobe & a fogger too.

By the way, we finally figured out why the tomatoes on the one plant in our backyard weren't turning red: they're yellow tomatoes. Duh! We picked about a half-dozen that were just on the verge of being overripe, and I cooked some up last night with chicken & garlic. Trés yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment