Saturday, October 4, 2008

That was close!


Got a bit of a scare today. We went to the movies (saw "Igor," more on that below) and as we walked up the street to the theater we noticed that our favorite restaurant, George's, *wasn't there.* It was a new place called "Omelette Inn." !!!!! Fortunately we asked the guy at the parking structure if he knew when it had closed down; he looked confused and said, "It was open yesterday--I got a validation from it." So we drove up the street and whew! it's in a new location. The new spot looks much bigger than the old one, and it's in a more "party" part of town so I'm sure they will get lots of business. They looked pretty busy when we drove by which I think is a good sign.

The movie was OK; nothing great, but not horrible either. They had Technical Difficulties at one point; the film got stuck and the projector actually burned a hole in it, which was interesting to watch but did sort of disrupt the story line. Ralph let the manager know of the problem. The film got spliced back together, which took about 10 minutes or so & chopped out a few minutes of the movie, and the manager handed out a free pass to everyone in the theater which I thought was a nice thing for him to do.

Forgot to mention that I had a nice surprise yesterday. I got an e-mail from Amazon.com notifying me that they had shipped my book. This was a surprise because I had received e-mail from them a few weeks ago saying that shipment had been delayed and it wouldn't ba sent until mid-November; originally it was supposed to ship in mid-October so instead of being delayed it actually went a little earlier than the original date. Then, to top it off, the book *arrived* yesterday as well, so I was pretty jazzed about that. The only thing is, it's the last book in a trilogy ("Inkdeath," the first two being "Inkheart" and "Inkspell") and I can't decide if I should read it now, or re-read the other two and reacquaint myself with the storyline since it's been about a year since I read them. PLUS there was a preview at the theater today for the movie version of "Inkheart," so I'd like to re-read that before the movie comes out. Even though it's been a year, I could tell from the preview that they'd made some pretty big changes from the book. Still looked good, though.

Tonight's photo was taken by Ralph. It's a watusi bull, taken at the LA County Fair.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell from the trailer I've seen if they actually changed the book in the movie version. There's an implication that they've gone into the book and yet, if you recall, the town where the bad guys were holed up in the mountains was apparently just like the town in the book. So their references in the trailer could be to that fact and not to them having gone back into the book. Just can't really tell very clearly.

    ReplyDelete