Friday, October 24, 2008

forgetful day


Forgot the camera AGAIN. Forgot to bring home my notes for what I wanted to put in my blog. So, the Teeming Millions will have to make do with a short post tonight.

Looking forward to getting the haunted house up tomorrow. Don't think anyone is coming to help; Sis is helping her friend Duh move, haven't heard from The Boy, and MH2 just got out of the hospital following an emergency appendectomy so it is best that she stay home. And, of course, her husband Moon will be taking care of her and that is as it should be.

Forgot to mention an act of kindness that I witnessed a few days ago. Coming off the freeway exit was a disabled car being pushed by three people. This is not a good area for one's car to stall; it's uphill, plus people are merging into the exit lane because it is also the lane leading to the onramp. Anyway, a truck pulled in behind them driving veerrryyyy sllooowwwwly and turned on his emergency flashers, thus protecting the people pushing the car from oncoming traffic and alerting other drivers that there was something for them to be careful about. I thought that was really nice of the driver.

Making some good progress on the shawl. Have finished the first pattern repeat, and am on row 6 (out of 8) of the second repeat. Looks like I'll have enough yarn for three, maybe three and a half repeats which will add about 4 inches or so to the length of the shawl. Maybe even 5 inches once it's blocked.

Washed my dragonscale wristwarmers last night. They weren't dry this morning, which made me quite glad that I knit that second pair. Even though the days are warm, the mornings are brisk (it was 54 when I left this morning) and those really do help keep my joints from aching.

Today was Mr. Boss Man's birthday, and I forgot all about it until I actually got to work. Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh! I hope MH2 is doing ok - I'm sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery her way.

    ReplyDelete