Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Middle of October


They have added yet more decorations to the office. The Haunted Hallway has been extended to include the area in front of my office (my windows are covered in black plastic--very isolating!) and three cubicles. Since most of the decorations & decoration budget had already been used, the decorators got very creative with spider webbing and the xerox machine. Several of us photocopied our faces which look pretty eerie under the blacklight. The picture to the right is HB's face & hands. We've also got footprints on the ceiling, and RB made a cool coffin out of styrofoam. The pic I took today didn't come out too well, so I'll try again tomorrow.


Have I mentioned how glad I am that I frogged those socks? I've already gotten a duck & a set of wristwarmers out of them, and have combined them with some handspun to work on a second set of wristwarmers. Plus, I think I'll have enough to make a third set if I again combine it with some handspun. I am much happier with these projects than I ever would have been with the socks.

Speaking of wristwarmers, it's been really cold in the office lately, so today I wore my wristwarmers, and my shawl, and a thick woolen scarf. As soon as I got to work I fixed myself some hot tea, then settled in at my desk. It took me about 30 seconds to realize that it was about 1,200 degrees in the office. Gah! Needless to say I didn't wear my woolies for long.

Ralph came by for lunch today, and to see the office decorations. We went to Pizza Factory & split a medium pepperoni pizza. It was sooooooooo good, fresh & hot out of the oven. Much better than nearly-cold-from-being-in-the-delivery-truck-for-20-minutes pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment