Thursday, October 16, 2008

Geography Fail

One of our projects is located in the city of Santa Clarita. Yesterday I received a document relating to the project, which placed it in the city of "Santa Clarity."

In other geography news, when asked which direction she would need to go to reach South Carolina from Florida, one of the DJs this morning responded, in all seriousness, "South." Either she plans to circumnavigate the globe or she thinks South Carolina is in the Virgin Islands.

Survivor tonight! Hope my team does well.

Think I ticked off someone at work today. CE & I got into, well, not quite an argument but certainly a heated discussion over whether or not "The Exorcist" is based on a true story. Her position is that other than a few changes such as making it a girl instead of a boy, the story is true. My position (which incidentally is also the position of the book's author) is that he wrote a work of fiction based on an alleged case history that he had studied in college. To say that "The Exorcist" is true would be like saying that, if the story of Noah & the Ark is true, then so is "Evan Almighty" since the movie was based on it. Anyway, I hope she's not too upset with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment