Monday, October 20, 2008

The birds. They mock me so.



Couldn't find the camera this morning. Thought about taking Ralph's & decided against it. So of COURSE the hawk was back on the window ledge this morning. So of COURSE a lovely mockingbird landed in the tree next to my car at lunchtime. After lunch, as I was getting ready to go back into the office, I did solve two mysteries though: The Secret of the Really Heavy Purse and The Mystery of the Missing Camera. Sigh. Later, back in the office, I saw a large crow flying towards my window at a perfect angle for some really great shots--had I had time to grab the camera, that is. And then on the way home a large pelican glided over the freeway, as if I could safely drive & take pictures at the same time.

On the plus side, today I had my first-of-the-season coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer. Love that stuff! I usually stick several in the freezer so as to have some once they are no longer available. I know the label says not to do so, but it hasn't seemed to adversely affect it. Although the caps have a tendency to shatter if you drop a frozen bottle on the floor.

And a minor triumph: I managed to tink back the two rows, and am ready to add a lifeline and continue knitting the shawl. I should have enough yarn for at least three more repeats of the pattern, which should add about 2" to the length.

Bought some Peanut Butter Chips Ahoy cookies last night & had my first one this morning. Rather disappointing; not very peanut-buttery at all. Once I got accustomed to the fact that they don't taste like peanut butter, I realized that they are rather good nonetheless.

Found a cute "small dog haiku" on Google today: "Thanks for the new toy./Fifteen bucks! You shouldn't have./Too bad I hate it."

2 comments: