Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Scariest decoration EVER

This clown painting is without a doubt the scariest addition to the office Halloween decorations. The eyes, especially, are pretty creepy. You really need to click on it & see the large image to appreciate it. Just . . . creepy.






This shot here is looking directly at my office door, or rather at the section of black plastic which hangs over my office door. This explains why the cleaning people have not emptied my trash in five days, except for the one time that I remembered to take it out of my office & put it over by someone else's desk. It also explains why sometimes people jump when I come out of the office unexpectedly. Plus I have the amusement of hearing the plastic crinkling as people try to find the door.

Misread a sign this morning. It actually said "loan modification" but I read it as "loan mortification." With the housing/lending market the way it is, perhaps how I read it is more accurate anyway.

The knitting pattern for yesterday & today in my knitting calendar is for felted fortune cookies. They are actually kind of cute, although other than cat toys I can't imagine having any real use for them. One thing I did like is it gives good instructions on knitting a circle using short rows. I have been thinking for a while of attempting to make a pattern of Pig from "Pearls Before Swine," and this would be an excellent base for it I think.

Speaking of knitting, I was thinking about that very topic today while I was spinning at lunch time. It occurred to me that if you ask someone what they are making, they will answer along the lines of "a hat" or "socks" or "a sweater." The exception is if they are knitting a scarf, which invariably will get you the answer "just a scarf" as if such a project were shameful or insignificant. Why is this? Why is it "just" a scarf? Odd.

Going to be putting up the haunted house this Saturday. Don't know if anyone is planning to come help set it up. I hope so--it's a lot of work for just the two of us--but I feel funny asking people to come over and work, even if we offer to take them out to eat at say, oh I dunno, maybe George's. . . . .

1 comment:

  1. I'll be helping Duh with her move; forwarded the request to The Boy.

    ReplyDelete