Wednesday, October 1, 2008

'Swednesday

One thing for sure; you cannot claim that I am a clockwatcher. My watch stopped today at 8:05 am. I didn't notice until nearly noon. Suppose I ought to wind it more than once a month.

Reading a rather interesting book called "The Year of Living Biblically." The author decided to spend one year living by the rules of the Bible as literally as possible. I picked it up because it sounded funny, and bits of it are (love how he stones adulterers by pretending to trip & "accidentally" dropping a pebble on their shoe). However, mostly I find it thought-provoking. I'm about as far from religious as one can get (an online quiz tagged me as "neo-Pagan" whatever that means) so I wasn't expecting that to happen. It's not changing my views on god or religion per se, but it does make me pause on occasion & really think about what he is saying and/or doing.

I've decided to frog my diamond stitch socks. I'm just really not happy with how they are turning out, and I know I can use the yarn for other projects such as a Death of Rats and/or a duck for my office desk. Kinda hate to do it, since I've done so much work on them but I know I will never enjoy the socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment