Friday, October 3, 2008

IT'S A CHEAT!

First off, apologies to the Teeming Millions for not posting last night. I was very tired & didn't want to stare at a computer screen any longer than I already had at work. So tired, in fact, that I fell asleep a bit after seven and actually missed the first ten minutes of Survivor.



Today's picture is of a cheat. See, one of my escrow officers is expecting (due in February) and today she found out it's a girl. I was thumbing through my knitting calendar looking for cute baby things, and the project for August 1 looked very familiar, as though I had seen it recently. I went back to October--and sure enough, the project for October 1 was practically identical to it! The only differences I can see are 1) size--Aug 1 is for infant to one year; Oct 1 is for one to four years; 2) Aug 1 is knit in 3 colors, Oct 1 is in 4; 3) the cuff is folded down on the Aug 1 pattern and 4) the Aug 1 pattern appears to be more felted. They are even knit to the same gauge--and hmmm, look at that, they were submitted by the same contributor. Granted, there are those four differences, but frankly I don't think they are enough to warrant two separate patterns in the calendar.

Speaking of my knitting calendar, today's pattern had a misplaced modifier. It was described as a "hooded child's cardigan." I guess that means only a hooded child can wear it. Otherwise they would have said "child's hooded cardigan."

Today at lunchtime we had pizza & chicken kickers, and watched "Star Wars" in the conference room. The food was very good although I could have eaten about 100 of the chicken kickers (they are soooooooo tasty!) and we all had seen the movie so often that we had fun mocking it. Don't get me wrong, we all love the movie; it's just that we all practically can recite it by heart from end to end.

Speaking of food, we picked a lemon off our tree & squoze the juice into the salsa. Oh my, what an amazing improvement! I'm really glad that there are more tomatoes ripening because we've practically polished off the quart of salsa that he made already.

Today at work CK & HB started putting up Halloween decorations in the office. I am really happy about that; I *love* Halloween, and we weren't allowed to decorate for it in the old office. This was the result of ONE person complaining about it being against her religion and having "created a hostile work environment" when we had a decorating contest. They gave her a paid leave of absence until after the 31st. I say, suck it up and act like a grown-up! How would she feel if the non-Christians had tizzy fits over the office Christmas tree & poinsettias? Even after she left the company we still weren't allowed to decorate, not even in our own office/cubicle space. Spoilsport! Anyway, there are strings of orange lights, fake cobwebs, fake blood, and window-cling ghoulies all over. My office window (the one that looks into the hallway) has a cool window-cling grim reaper. Reminds me of Death in the Discworld series.

No comments:

Post a Comment