Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I will never learn.


Always bring the camera. Always bring the camera. Always bring the camera.

Needless to say, I did NOT bring the camera to work today; didn't want to waste time looking for fresh batteries since I wanted to stop & get a coffee at Starbucks. So what happens? A large juvenile red-tailed hawk perched for almost 4 hours outside of KM's window at work. And I mean RIGHT outside the window, on the building ledge, its head about an inch from the glass. I took a few shots with my cell phone, but have no means by which to transfer the pictures to the computer. Sigh.

Speaking of Starbucks, they have new "signature" hot chocolates. One of them is salted caramel. Yes, you read that right, *salted* caramel. Yuck! The display board suggested trying them iced. Um, doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of getting a *hot* chocolate? Or maybe it's like that old "What's Happening?" episode, where Shirley explained to Rerun that if he wanted his hot chocolate to be hot, he needed to order it that way: a hot hot chocolate, not just a hot chocolate.

I wore my shawl at the sales meeting today. One of the sales agents really admired it, and I let her try it on. It looked so good on her, I was tempted to give it to her. Alas, I am selfish and did not give in to the impulse. Maybe if it wasn't my first shawl, not to mention my only one so far, I would have let her have it.

I spent way too much time on the stairs today. I walked up to our office (three flights, a total of 69 steps) when I got to work, then down two flights (44 steps) to HR, back up to the 4th floor, down one flight to legal, back up again, down to the bottom at breaktime, then back up again (at a run this time, as we had seen the hawk & wanted to get a close look before it flew away; we needn't have bothered since he was there for at least another 3 hours), down at lunch, up after lunch, then down again at day's end. Good thing I didn't take my second break or my legs might have fallen off, ha ha.

Today's picture isn't exciting, I know: just tonight's dinner salads. BUT! The chopped up purple-y stuff is the one and only bell pepper that our garden produced this year, and the yellow tomato is from our garden as well. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. You could try emailing the pictures from your phone to your computer. I know they didn't go to my phone, but that could be the fault of my phone or the company my service is with.

    ReplyDelete