Monday, November 3, 2008

Yarn!


Had a good day yesterday. Went to a local yarn store; didn't buy anything (frankly, I wasn't impressed with the selection) but it was fun to look around. From there I headed to Alamitos Bay Yarn Company. It was packed, as they were having their "Holiday Sparkle" event. Not a sale, but rather they had almost 40 quick projects on display, and when you bought the yarn you got the pattern for it. I had lots of fun & bought several skeins (posted on flickr). I've already started a scarf with one of the skeins.

On the way out, I saw a pelican on a street lamp & got a few pictures.

From there I headed out to Heritage Park. My, it has changed so much since I was a kid. For the most part, I like the changes they have made. They've added a statue of Paul Revere & some plaques telling about his famous ride (including the fact that he was caught & didn't actually finish the ride). They put in lots of drinking
fountains which weren't there before, some decorative cannons & a fake rowboat. The only one I didn't care for was that they took out the really long concrete slide. Safety reasons no doubt, however that was one of my favorite things there when I was a kid & I'm sorry that it's gone. Still, they replaced it with lots of new climby things and smaller slides & the kids that I saw there were really enjoying all of them. There were lots & lots of ducks, and I even saw a praying mantis.

Ralph & I went to Chee's for dinner. He had his favorite: wor wonton soup (no noodles). I had a combo plate with fried rice, egg foo young and two fried shrimp. Ralph had to help me finish it off.

And today. .. sigh, today it's back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment