Monday, November 10, 2008

Mockingbird, yogurt & yarn



Actually remembered to bring the camera today, not that there was anything really worth photographing. I did take nine shots of a mockingbird, and have posted my two favorites here. The tail shot is more evidence that the birds do in fact poke fun at me.




You know how sometimes when you are channel surfing, either with the TV or radio, and the line from one station melds with the line from another? Today while doing that I got "Get a total body makeover--and keep the change!" The other day I got a cross between Stevie Wonder's Superstition and some sort of commercial, resulting in "13-month old sandwich." What can I say, I am easily amused.

Ralph wants a new hat for Christmas. Of course I do not have a single yarn or fiber in an appropriate color, which means I need to go yarn shopping. I found a place near work & drove out there at lunchtime. You would *think* that by now I would be clever enough to call ahead and make sure a shop with which I am unfamiliar is open on Mondays. Sigh. Guess I'll be headed there again tomorrow.

Speaking of yarn, CE wants me to teach her how to knit. I showed her how to do a knit stitch today & let her try her hand at a few with my current project. She was really worried about messing up my project even though I told her that I planned to rip out the stitches she was doing anyway since it wasn't the right pattern. However, despite her worries, and the fact that my current project is a pair of socks on size 2 DPNs (not the best way to learn!) she did manage a few stitches. It's a pity my stash is so low; I don't have anything suitable for teaching a beginner, either, except the remaining almost-a-full-skein of Manos & that is too nice to donate.

Tried an interesting yogurt today, which we bought last night at Bristol Farms. It's made by a company called "Greek Gods" and is (duh) a Greek-style yogurt. Very thick and creamy, similar in texture to sour cream with a flavor that reminded me of marscapone only not so sweet. We bought the honey flavor, but it also comes in plain, vanilla, pomegranate, and fig. It wasn't bad, certainly better than the sickly-sweet stuff you get in the average grocery store. We're going to try the pomegranate next time we are at Bristol Farms.

No comments:

Post a Comment