Thursday, November 20, 2008

Back by popular demand! :-)


Two days offline, and the Teeming Millions are clamoring for an update. Who am I to deny them?

Don't you love this pic of Zoe? I took it as she was licking her lips after getting a drink (notice the water droplets on her snoot). I think she looks quite humorous with her nose all twisted to one side.

PC at work has been admiring my shawl, and recently asked what the pattern was. Long story short, she bought a copy of "Wrapped in Comfort" for her mother, who is now knitting the same shawl for PC only in white instead of orange. I can't wait to see it! Oooh--wonder if I should tell her that I added extra repeats so it would be longer?

Yesterday they had guys out washing the windows of our building. I was rather disappointed, really, as I was looking forward to seeing the traditional window-washing scaffolding & all. Instead, they used very long poles to reach the fourth floor. One, it was boring, and two since it was impossible for the cleaners to see whether or not the windows were actually getting *clean,* my windows still have the same old bird poo on them that was there prior to the work. Oh, well.

Yesterday was also "Album Sides Wednesday" on 100.3 FM The Sound. All day they played full sides of classic & contemporary albums--genuine vinyl with all the pops, hisses and clicks. I *loved* it!! They played darn good albums too, for the most part: Abbey Road, Genesis, Excitable Boy, Sgt. Pepper, Born to Run, Dark Side of the Moon. . . the only two I didn't really care for was an Elton John album from 1970 that I had never heard of (and didn't recognize a single tune on it) and one by Nirvana (not a big fan of Nirvana, but at least I recognized two of the songs). I hope they do this every Wednesday.

Today, KOLA 99.9 FM started playing Christmas music!!! Needless to say I didn't mind the traffic so much on the drive home today, and am looking forward to a whole month of Christmas (other than the CDs I play at work, that is). They played an interesting selection, too, ranging from Mannheim Steamroller doing "Deck the Halls," to Bruce Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" and even Jimmy Durante (Jimmy Durante!!) doing "Frosty the Snowman." And all you Grinches (or is that GrinchSis?) can just hush.

In knitting news, I finished another pair of wristwarmers. These ones are for a Christmas gift, although I'm not certain who I am going to give them to (I can think of two possible recipients). I was hoping to have enough of that color for one more pair but it looks like I'll be a bit short; the finished pair weigh .9 ounces and I only have .6 ounces left. Perhaps I'll do the cuff & palm-band in a different color and that might make the other yarn last.

Today's knitting pattern was for a "tissue pocket." It was basically a little cozy for carrying those take-along packs of Kleenex. It was kinda cute, and I liked the stitch pattern they used, but frankly if I need to blow my schnozzola or feel a sneeze coming on, I don't want to have to unbutton a cozy & slide the pack out before I can even get a tissue.

Yesterday's pattern was for an MP3 cozy. Nothing notable, although it did refer to knitting in "stockingnet" stitch rather than "stockinette." I looked it up; dictionary.com had no listing for it, but a search on ask.com turned up several references in blogs so perhaps it's a regional thing.

Gosh, two days offline & that's all I've got? As my nephew's blog would say, "now with even more boring!" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment