Friday, November 7, 2008

Made it!


Well, the new phone list came out today at work, and I am still on it. This is a good thing. I did notice several names missing, which is sad because it means they were laid off. I am glad that I was not one of them, sorry to see them go, and somewhat heartened to see that there were only a few names missing rather than a massive layoff.

Today's knitting pattern on my pattern-a-day calendar is called the "Far Out Argyle Blanket and Fuzzy Dice Ottomans." I think they should have named it "Menagerie" based on the yarns used; Bernat Boa in Raven, Dove, and Silver Fox. I rather liked the blanket but didn't care for the ottomans.

Passed some condos on the way to work, with a banner across it which read "Elvis will not be leaving this building." Struck me as rather amusing.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. (Hmmm--I think those were gunshots I just heard, and fairly close by--wonder if the liquor store was just robbed?? Dogs are now all anxious. . . ) Sorry, where was I? Right, tomorrow. Need to tidy the house for Ralph's D & D game on Sunday, then in the afternoon headed to Dad's for a late birthday celebration. Feel like I should bring something to the dinner, even though J said she had all they need. I'm hoping there is time for Ralph to go to archery, which means I have an excuse to go with him & sit outside with my spinning wheel for an hour or so.

Speaking of spinning, I managed to squeeze in about 20 minutes worth at lunch today. Got very little done (only had to move to a new hook once) but enjoyed myself nonetheless. Getting a little tired of this green, and am determined to finish spinning it off by the end of the weekend if at all possible so I can move on to another color. Maybe I will bring the wheel on Sunday when I go knitting with Sis.

3 comments:

  1. Spinning? I thought this was a bird and restaurant review blog. You should send your co-worker to Stitches to see some $"many lots" yarn. Scared to try that yellow silk. But I can always order more, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being on the phone list! It is always a good feeling to know that you still have a job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a whatever is on my mind blog :-)

    ReplyDelete