Monday, November 17, 2008

Bits & pieces


Nothing exciting today, just a few random-osities that I meant to post previously & didn't.

Did you know that one adult admission to Knott's Berry Farm is now $51.99? That is freakin' insane, and doesn't even include parking which is another $10 on top of that. Really glad we had the free admission or we would have ended up just turning around & heading home yesterday.

Speaking of Knott's, there were so many leftovers from my lunch that I was only able to eat half of them for dinner. I finished off the rest for breakfast. Wish I had more, it was so good!

On Saturday, while gathering some laundry, I noticed two long strings hanging from one of my hand-knit socks. I thought at first they were falling apart. Imagine my relief when I realized that no, I had just neglected to weave in the ends where I changed color at the cuff. What I would like to know is how I could go two years wearing & handwashing these socks and not notice this sooner. Good thing they are real wool as the ends had slightly felted together & I think that's what kept the stitches from loosening. I suppose I should try to weave them in now although it hardly seems worth the bother.

Today's picture is remarkable not for what is in it, but for what is not. This is a rare picture in that I didn't have to crop out any clutter--no shoes on the floor, no book on the arm of a chair, no dog toys scattered about (this last one is particularly miraculous, considering Zoe's tendency to pull out two or three toys before deciding on one that she likes). And yes--that is indeed one fat cat!

I just realized I never took any pictures of the yarn I bought last week. Oh well, it's rather plain & wouldn't make an exciting photo anyway (no comments about how none of my pictures are exciting, ha ha!)

And finally, the glacier green is spun, plied, and almost dry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment