Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's one of the yarns I bought in my shopping spree at the beginning of the month. I had planned to make a little cat with it, but once I started to knit I realized it was far too nice for that particular pattern. So now I have this very nice yarn & no project for it. Not enough for a scarf, not really suitable for a hat. . . guess I'll have to think about it.

Speaking of yarn and what to do with it, I have a project I want to make. I have yarn that is perfect for it. BUT! I bought the yarn with the plan to make socks with it, and I don't want to use it for the other project because then it won't be available for socks. Crazy, I know. . . but I've heard of other knitters wanting to buy new yarn even when they have perfectly appropriate yarn in the stash so I guess this is normal.

Ralph has to work today, so we're going to have our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I feel like I should invite people over since we have so much food (the smallest turkey I could find was 12 pounds, yikes!) but who to ask? Everyone I know is having turkey today & probably won't want another turkey dinner tomorrow, plus I don't want to have to prep the house for a lot of guests since I have other things I will be working on today. Well, we have lots of storage containers & I can freeze leftovers for another day.

We have new neighbors now; Neighbor A & Neighbor K. They bought Neighbor D's house & moved in last weekend. She (K) is a teacher but I don't know what he does. Hmmm, maybe we should invite them to dinner tomorrow, get to know them. . . The house on the other side of theirs is now officially up for sale (foreclosure, very sad) so we'll have more new neighbors soon I imagine.

Went to Johnny Reb's for dinner last night at Ralph's suggestion, not that he had to talk me into it or anything. Had a fun, peppy waitress and the food was really good (as always). And, of course, there are leftovers for my breakfast & Ralph's lunch.

Well, that's about it; I suppose I should finish up my brain-sucking & get started on the day's projects: baking a pie & some cookies, cleaning out the fridge to make room for leftovers, spinning, knitting, packing up stuff to make room for GH & BH, etc. etc. Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment