Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day


Finally, election day is here & pretty much over. I am *so tired* of all the ads.

On the other hand, it was rather exciting to be part of what will be a history-making election, no matter who wins: If it's McCain, we'll have the first woman vice president. If it's Obama, we'll have the first black (OK, mixed race since he is white on his mother's side & black on his father's side) president. If both lose, we'll have the first minor-party president (unlikely, but wouldn't that be something????) And no, I won't say for whom I voted; we've got a secret ballot for a reason.

CK at work today asked how long it would take me to knit old-fashioned Christmas stockings for everyone in the office. I felt bad telling her there was no way they would be done in time for Christmas. I guess she saw how quickly my super-easy, eight rows to the inch scarf is coming along & didn't realize how much more time-consuming the stockings would be. Even if I used super-chunky yarn in plain stockinette I can't imagine getting 18 or more done in time to be used as office decorations. I did offer to let her borrow the stocking I knit when I went to Virginia a couple years ago.

Not much else going on today, so I'm going to go to bed I guess. G'night all!

1 comment:

  1. Ditto on the ads. You are so nice not to kill the person who suggested you should knit 18 stockings. Tell her you will teach her and she can do it.
    Don't need 2 shawls the same color though.

    ReplyDelete