Friday, November 28, 2008

Post-Thanksgiving Day

This is one of our neighbor's dogs. I took the picture this morning while we were taking Hali for a walk. Don't let that sweet face fool you; when we got closer he turned into a barking, snarling fury and tried to bite Hali. More worrisome to me was that the neighbor's other dog was also barking with hackles raised, and before they got this other dog he was very sweet-natured.

Have the turkey in the oven & it should be done in another 90 minutes or so. Smells really good. We've also got yummy rolls & dip that I bought off the breadman at work; corn; cranberry sauce; smashed taters & gravy; stuffing of course; and pumpkin pie with Cool-Whip for dessert. What I would like would be for a couple people to come & eat with us, then immediately leave so we don't have to do any entertaining before or after. Sounds terrible, I know--but with the prospect of roommates in a couple weeks I am treasuring the "alone-time" with Ralph while I still have it. The only person I can think of who would not be offended by an "eat & run" invitation is Sis, and I don't know if she'd want to drive all the way out here for a repeat of yesterday's dinner (although *I* do not intend to put egg nog in the potatoes; see Sis's blog for details on that). Besides, if I invite her I would have to invite Dad & J too, and I'm not up to having that many people over. Plus Dad & J would, I think, be insulted by "you've eaten, please go home now." :-)

I started a new knitting project yesterday, a bear for Onyx. It's knitting up pretty quickly. I've finished the body (including the seaming & stuffing), one leg, and I've knit the ears although they still need to be seamed. With any luck I should be able to finish it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment