Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday before Thanksgiving



Like 'em? They are the latest & greatest in the wristwarmer collection. Actually, these ones are going to be a Christmas gift so I better not get too attached to them. They are a variation on the dragonscale wristwarmers (first pair that I made). Details are on flickr & Ravelry so I won't repeat it here. I have *almost* enough of the Manos left for one more pair. Maybe if I do the cuffs in a solid color . . .

The crafty fair yesterday was fun. LOTS of vendors, and lots of nice things for sale although there were a few that made me go "hmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . " Got a laugh at one item, a soft sculpture snowman holding a box of white fluff. The box was in the snowman's lap, and was labeled "snowballs." Yes, I am immature enough to giggle my head off at that. Breakfast beforehand was good too (buffalo chicken sammidge) although right about the time our food was served a party of 20 showed up, at which point our waitress decided we no longer existed. I swear she was doing everything possible to NOT look in our direction, and if a manager type hadn't come by while we were waving frantically at the waitress we would probably still be sitting there waiting for our bill. In fact, even though the waitress did acknowledge us a split second after the manager did, it was the manager who brought our check.

Also went to the bookstore and bought two books: "A Knife to Remember" (the second in the "double feature" mysteries by Jeffrey Cohen) and "An Ice Cold Grave" (third in the "Grave Sight" series by Charlene Harris). I'm on chapter three of "Knife" and am already enjoying it thoroughly.

The Wensleydale I'm spinning is coming along well. I'd forgotten how easily Wensleydale spins up. Now if only I had a *clue* what I'm going to make with it. Maybe it will just sit in the yarn stash for a while once it's done.

GH & BH will definitely be staying with us. In fact, they are supposed to be here in about 45 minutes to go over some of the logistics & help out with re-organizing the garage & red room to make space. GH & Ralph will be building a storage unit (or "stuffery" as they call it) in the backyard using the wall panels from the haunted house. That will be a big help. I went through my closet today to make room for Ralph's clothes, and have two big garbage bags of outgrown but serviceable clothing to take to the Goodwill.

Well, I'm only supposed to be taking a 5-minute break from housework & so far it's been 20. Guess I'd better get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment