Monday, December 1, 2008

Whaddya mean, back to work?


My goodness, that four-day-weekend went by quickly. Good thing I have a couple more of them coming up or I'd really be unhappy.

Got some more spinning done yesterday; finished off the Wensleydale & plied a little more than half of it. I would have done it all except the drive band snapped & is too short to re-tie onto the wheel. I have a spare. . . somewhere. . . I'm going to stop at the store on the way home tonight & buy some plain cotton string. Not the best stuff for it, but it will do.

Dad called Saturday night, trying to talk us out of having our friends stay over; says we are getting ourselves into something we'll hate & not be able to get out of. He's probably right, and I won't say we haven't had misgivings of our own. However we are not going to go back on our offer now that they have accepted, especially since they really don't have anywhere else to go.

Making slow progress on the bear for Onyx. Didn't even knit one stitch on it yesterday. Funny, the first part went so fast & now I'm just poking along with it. The body is done including the seaming & stuffing; the tail is knit & sewn into position; I've knit both ears but still need to seam & attach them; and I've knit two legs including the side seams & stuffing. Still need to seam the top edge & attach them to the body. I want to finish all four legs before attaching though, so I can make sure the bear stands evenly & not be all lopsided or rocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment