Thursday, December 4, 2008

More bits & pieces

Pretty cool, eh? This is what my work window looks like right now, courtesy of RB (Jack Frost) and CK (Jack Frost's frosty breath). I think they did an awesome job.

Sis had a pleasant surprise at work today: a Christmas bonus check. I've never heard of a temp getting a bonus before. She must be good at her job or something. There is a chance that she will be hired permanently sometime after the New Year. Nothing has been promised, but there are rumors, and The Boss told her he was hoping to be able to hire her.

Having a small holiday, well, I guess celebration is the word to use, at work tomorrow. There will be fruit & pastries in the morning, then at noon there will be a catered lunch. I don't know what kind of food will be served, other than it's coming from Boston's Sports Grill. We've had sandwiches & pizza from there previously, and they were scrumptious. I'm really looking forward to it. Two weeks after that is our official Holiday Party from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

Sis got tickets for the Survivor finale on the 14th. One of the people she had invited isn't able to make it, so there is an extra ticket. I can't believe how hard it has been trying to find someone to take it. Maybe Sis had better luck with that than I did.

Still not totally happy with the bear. I re-did one of the ears, and while it looks nicer than the first pair I did, it just isn't quite right. I think I will sew the rest of him together & get his eyes done and then worry about the ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment