Thursday, December 18, 2008

No clever title for today

Making good progress on the gull wing lace socks. Mind you, they are *supposed* to have been hibernating while I worked on Christmas knitting, however I found myself doing a row here and a pattern repeat there, and as you can see they are now officially a WIP. I like how they are turning out.

Had a real treat yesterday at work. HB brought in a lovely assortment of homemade cookies & candies to share with the office. There were cupcakes, cyclops cookies (peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's kiss pressed into the middle), peppermint bark, fudge, oatmeal cookies--eleven different treats in all. I ate twice as much as I should have, but only half as much as I wanted. She said it took her two days to make it all. I took some pictures of all the treat but duh, left the camera at work so you will just have to wait for the next post to see them.

Took two hours to drive home last night. Californians just don't know how to drive in the rain. Still, I'd rather be in slow traffic than an accident so I shouldn't complain, right? Watched "Meet the Robinsons" with Ralph & the Roomies. Well, they watched the whole thing; I went to bed about 2/3 of the way through. I did stay up to watch my favorite scene (the dinosaur: "I have a big head, and little arms. I'm not sure how well this plan was thought through").

Been a pretty quiet week, really. I did go to lunch with Mr. Boss Man yesterday. We went to a sammidge place that I hadn't been to before; can't remember the name, something like Godolpho's. It was very good--I got a small "yonkers" which is turkey, swiss, lettuce, tomato, mayo, butter, oil & vinegar on a French roll, served hot. I had them leave off the lettuce & butter. Lots of meat & cheese on it, very filling even though I got the small one. I had packed a lunch, but I just put it in the fridge and now I don't need to pack one today.

Didn't really have any time to work on the pterodactyl yesterday. I was hoping to have it finished but I still need to sew on the arms & one leg. Maybe today. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment