Sunday, December 28, 2008

More yarn photos

Not much going on today. Last night Ralph got a call from work; one of his co-workers passed away. Quite a shock, really--we saw him at a party a few weeks ago and he was happy & chipper. It appears to have been a heart attack. He was only in his early 50's. I feel very sorry for his family; Ralph said that the mom passed away last Monday, so that's two deaths in one week, and right at Christmas, too.


As for me, I have spent the day knitting & doing laundry. I am making the "Dead or Alive Fish Hat" from the Winter 2008 issue of Knitty (www.knitty.com, click patterns & scroll down a bit). It calls for size 7 needles, but I was waaay off gauge with those so I went up a needle size. Still not getting stitch gauge although I hit the row gauge pretty solidly, however it fits Ralph so I'm not too worried about it. I'll go back to the 7s when I make one for myself. I also see this pattern as 2009 Christmas gifts, if I don't get tired of knitting them.

Oh, and I think I'm getting a cold, just in time for our anniversary/mini-vacation. Figures--first time I've had a cold in about 8 years. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment