Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just a brief post. . .


. . . because not much is going on. The Survivor: Gabon finale was terrific, but as Sis has a rather thorough accounting of it on her blog I'll not repeat it all here. For those among the Teeming Masses who don't know it, Sis's blog (Knit and Pearl) is linked over on the left there. Got home pretty late (well, late for me anyway) and was so tired yesterday that I dozed off a bit at lunchtime. Good thing it was a cold day rather than a warm one, or I would have fallen completely asleep & been late getting back to work.

Speaking of being late for work, I was supposed to be in by 7:30 yesterday. Despite having left the house around 6:20, I didn't get there until 8:00. "Why?" I hear you ask. "Why did it take you so bloody long to drive 50 miles?" Well, I'll tell you--it's because Californians have *no clue* about how to drive in the rain. There was an accident on the 91, so the 710 was backed up from where I got on until I passed the 91. Then there was another accident on the ramp to the 60, bad enough that the ramp was closed, so all the traffic that normally would have been headed east on that freeway had to stay on the 710. Then on the 10 I passed a pick-up truck that had somehow managed to perch on the k-rail. Most of the truck was on the other side of the freeway, with one back wheel hanging over on our side. Crazy, crazy drivers.

Heard a commercial for Duracell batteries yesterday which I think could have been a little better written. It was talking about how a certain children's hospital uses toys to help the children's healing process, and how they use Duracell batteries to power the toys. However, the examples they gave were Barbies, Hot Wheels, and Polly Pockets--none of which use batteries. Duuuuuuuuuhhhhh. . . .

Almost done with the pterodactyl/pteranodon. Just have to sew/stuff the legs, then sew the pieces together. Should be able to finish it today.

2 comments:

  1. We had 1/2" of snow recently and there were 50 accidents in the area. Weather happens. Why is there no spinning? The hawk pictures were cool. A little disturbed by the image of creamy turkey soup with dressing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't done much spinning lately; been busy getting the house ready for the roomies, plus concentrating on getting Christmas gifts knit. The soup was AWESOME!!

    And yes, weather happens--I just wish people in California would learn how to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete