Monday, December 8, 2008

Stuff from my notes

Christmas decorations abound at work! This is a shot of VT's office; as you can see, he has too much time on his hands. I mean, he has been very busy and creative.




Had cake at the office today, too, in celebration of some recent birthdays, including Mr. Boss Man's Boss. It was rather tasty, and I liked the little snowflake sprinkles on it.


Remembered to bring home my notes this time. Gosh, they really aren't all that exciting, but here's what I've got for the Teeming Millions:

CK didn't do as good a job as we all thought washing off the Halloween blood from the windows. Several sections of the "snow" on the windows are rather pink-tinged from the fake blood showing through. The snowman on VT's window is particularly pink.

Next year, I need to start my holiday knitting much earlier. Like maybe on Boxing Day this year. There are still quite a few things I want to make as gifts, and there is not nearly enough time to finish even half of them. Which reminds me, we better start shopping, too. . .

Speaking of gift knitting, I'm working on a gift for A Person. Halfway through I weighed the project, then the remaining yarn, and discovered I am going to be short by 1/5 of an ounce. Sigh. The LYS by my house doesn't carry the yarn I need, and the store that does have it is closed on Sunday & Monday. I'll have to pick it up tomorrow. Of course, it comes in a 3.5 ounce skein, so I'll have lots left over.

Also on the subject of knitting, I need to start coordinating the warm woolies I knit for myself. Individually everything looks nice (if I do say so myself), but my orange shawl really doesn't go with anything else I own except for black skirts, and when I pair it up with my white-and-green wristwarmers it looks rather strange. Throw in a pair of red socks and I am a fashion nightmare. More than usual, I mean. Of course, the current WIP on the needles for myself is a pair of variegated purple socks. Those will look stunning with the orange shawl, I am sure.

1 comment: