Saturday, December 13, 2008

Teeny tiny pterodactyl

. . . although one of the people on Ravelry says the pattern is actually a pteranodon. No matter. Whatever it is, I am using sock yarn instead of the worsted weight called for in the pattern, and he is coming out way small! Smaller than I anticipated, that's for sure. It was supposed to be for Quartz's Christmas present, but compared to the bear I made Onyx it just seems so insignificant. Fortunately it doesn't take much yarn--I've used about 50 yards so far--so I should have enough of the Cascade remaining from the bear to do another one in a larger size. It's a very quick knit; I started it oh, I'd say around 3:00 this afternoon, and had all that you see in the photo finished before 6:00. I still have to do the arms, legs, and head piece plus stuffing and a wee bit of sewing. I suspect another 90 minutes or so will finish it. I'll probably save that for tomorrow though, as my joints are feeling a bit achy & I should give the knitting a rest for now.

Today was the first full day with the Roomies. So far, so good I think, although the dogs did get into the storage area & shredded a sheepskin belonging to the Roomies. I hadn't really thought about it previously, but we do buy them toys made out of fleece so they must have thought they found the ultimate toy.

All in all a fairly quiet day, if you ignore the parade that was held one block over. Our street is the "exit" for the groups after they have finished the parade, so we sort of get to see it without leaving the house. We tend to just ignore it, really, except for making sure our cars are off the street so we don't get towed.

Ralph had a new tire & brakes put on his motorcycle. The bike really wasn't safe to ride and it needed to be done. We went to lunch while it was being worked on. I think we go to that restaurant too often--we were greeted *by name* by one waiter, the waiter for our table brought our drinks without us ordering them, plus the manager, two busboys, and the lady that makes the tortillas all recognized us. Obviously the food there is good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment