Saturday, December 6, 2008

Baby it's cold outside

. . . at least, cold for Southern California. It's currently 54 degrees with an expected high of 69. Brrr!

As you can see from the picture, I'm making good progress on the bear for Onyx. I need to sew on one leg & both ears, then embroider the finishing touches (eyes, ears, toes). The nose that is on there now is just to give me an idea of placement & is in no way intended to look good. I'm more pleased with it now than I was; it's starting to look a bit more like a bear and a bit less like a pig. I'm thinking of bending the snout a bit, the way the feet are, to shorten it & make it less porcine.

Gosh. I had all kinds of notes for the blog. . . too bad I left them on the desk at work.

The luncheon yesterday was good, although I do wish there had been a bit more pasta & that the pizza had been hot when the caterer delivered it. However, it was a free lunch and I do appreciate that. The third floor didn't *have* to invite us fourth floor folks, and I am glad that they did anyway. There was also a surprise e-mail around 3:00 announcing pie, cake, and so-called iced cream, but I had picked up a frap & scone at Starbucks & had just finished eating it (since the luncheon was an hour earlier than I normally eat, I knew I would be hungry before end of the day).

Did I mention that we have decided to go to San Juan Capistrano for our anniversary? It's about an hour's drive from here; far enough that we will feel like we've "gotten away from it all," close enough that we won't be sick of driving, and quite a few interesting things to do so we won't be bored. It will be a very nice three-day weekend for us, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment